This week being my last in Berlin (for now) I have some technical goals I’m determined to hit.
At the end of this week I’ll send out the first beta of the Picklets app to any testers who’ve registered their device here;
So if you have an iPad (or iPhone, or iPod touch) and want to see what I’ve been doing these last 12 months, sign up and you’ll soon know.
I’ll be giving a demonstration of the picklet project in Hamburg later in August and I will have my iPad with a functional Picklets app, picklet store and content to demonstrate. This is what I’ve been working towards for the last two months.
For posterity here’s some technical detail about specifically what I’ll be working on this week. These are things that I’ve started but don’t have working properly yet;
- robust, resumable download of picklet content
- progress bar on picklet icon while downloading content
- background completion of unfinished downloads
- indicate in Store listing if a picklet is already installed
- transferring picklet archive via iTunes Documents folder
- deleting picklets from library (for completeness, not because anyone will want to delete a picklet)
- the iPhone version
That’s still quite a list but getting the bandits picklet readable is the goal.
The Dude abides. I take comfort in that.